InSight Crime, an investigative think tank focused on organized crime in the Americas, is looking for English and Spanish language editors to oversee content production on its English and Spanish language websites. These websites reach up to half a million visitors every month and are fed by in-house reporters and investigators, as well as correspondents and media partners, who are doing on-the-ground investigation and analysis of organized crime across the region.
Candidates will be able to:
- Draft and implement strategy for the websites to ensure maximum reach and impact for our audience.
- Help manage a bilingual newsroom with staff writers and editors producing content in both English and Spanish.
- Write and edit content for the English or Spanish language website.
- Steer selection of long-term investigations on organized crime in the region.
- Cultivate and run a region-wide, vibrant network of correspondents.
- Manage relationships with webmasters, graphic design team and translators.
- Oversee social media production and outreach.
- Help manage, oversee the recruiting, integration and development of reporters and editors.
The job candidates must be bilingual. An ideal candidate would have 10 years of experience in journalism and/or think tank work, have knowledge and experience covering organized crime and citizen security, and be willing to relocate to Medellín, Colombia, where InSight Crime is based. Salary commensurate with experience.